January 01, 2013

New Year, New City

Perhaps the most exciting place in the world, to me at least, is an airport. It's where I partake in the only physical activity I really do (running around like a total mess and people watching) and it's usually a landmark of home or of the unknown. Either way you'll need a map to get out because even the most familiar places serve to surprise you, which is why staying in the US will be just as adventurous as living abroad.

Madeleine in Milan has grown up and finished high school early, meaning that I'm now ready to commit to becoming a New Yorker just in time for New York Fashion Week. I can only hope my life will be exciting enough to be the third season of The City that was never filmed because let's face it, Olivia Palermo's inability to do her jaw dropping simple job got very boring very fast.

I'm living in an apartment in Lower East Harlem, which is as close as my bank account will allow me to get to the Upper East Side. Sadly, most agencies opt out of maintaining a NYC model apartment so I'll be living with a partner in crime artist that is probably using me for my plus one capabilities but we'll be living #thestruggle together so stay tuned for live tweets.

Ultimately, I've decided to pack up and move to a city that I've never really been to before because I'll never have this opportunity again in my life. It sounds extreme and very #yolo, but it's the strange reality. I've decided that this is more important than my second semester of senior year because modeling gives me the education that high school and college are unable to provide. Models are global travelers and even though I'm not traveling outside my own country, I'm trusting myself and my instincts to find my own way from point A to point B lugging around two small (ish) suitcases in the frigid cold. Also I'll be able to linger Lana Del Rey more efficiently.

I'm going to try to be better about posting but since it's now going to be done via iPad, I can't make any promises. I've started a tumblr specifically for travel/backstage photos and they will be posted at model-tour-guide.tumblr.com. Three days till Manhattan. 


2 comments:

  1. An amazing and a real inspiring post in regards to the city of NYC, looking forward for more such posts. budget hotels in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best place I've ever visited is New York and I will definitely share those experiences to My friends. Specially in pain management Manhattan, they have a great physical therapy service!

    ReplyDelete